Accident / Collision Reports

  • New Jersey Section (MP12 & South)

    new jersey

    Accidents in the NJ Section are handled by the Palisades Interstate Parkway Police Department – NJ Station. To ensure completeness and accuracy, reports may take 2-5 days to be reviewed and approved. Major cases may take longer to be fully completed however an interim report may be made available by contacting our agency directly using the information listed below.

    Motor Vehicle Accidents prior to 4-1-2013 are unavailable online.
    For reports prior to this date, please make your request HERE.

    To obtain a copy of an auto accident online, you will need one of the following items in order to access the report:

    1. Report number OR
    2. First Name, Last Name, Date of Incident OR
    3. First Name, Last Name, Street Name Location

    You must create an account on the LexisNexis website in order to obtain a report. CLICK HERE to register for a report.
    If you already have an account, please SIGN ON

    New Jersey Motor Vehicle Law 39:4-129 requires that all motorists stop at the scene of a collision. If you were involved in an accident in the past or left the scene, officers may be unable to investigate the incident. Therefore, you must complete an "NJSR-1" report and submit it to the State of New Jersey. A link to that form is HERE.
  • new york

    New York Section (MP12 & North)

    Accidents in the NY Section are handled by:

    New York State Police
    Zone 2 – Troop F Haverstraw Station

    To obtain a copy of an accident/collision report in the NY Section of the Palisades Interstate Parkway, please visit the NY DMV Website HERE

  • Commercial Entities

    If you are not an involved person, you must register for a commercial account HERE

    All reports completed by the Palisades Interstate Parkway Police Department are maintained and distributed through services provided by LexisNexis. For help using their system, please contact customer support at 866.215.2771.

    If you wish to obtain a copy in person, please contact our records office at 201-768-6001 or complete a report request HERE